Surprise mother fu***kas!
There’s nothing like a good swear word (or ten) to help you articulate or vent your frustration. As children, we were taught that using profanity was a big no no but maybe if we were able to swear back then we’d be able to let out our anger in a more healthy way (think about it!). That said, when we think of swear words we immediately go to the “taboo” words that would shock and appall your grandparents but not all swear words need to have same shock value to be a good one. So this week join Tuong and Potty Mouths Axandre Lemours, Victoria Luloff, Jess Maybear as they shout blasphemy at each other while ranking Top 5 Swear Words!
If you want to continue to support the PodCavern and are buying off Amazon for any reason, click on our affiliate link HERE! It doesn’t cost you any money and it’s a way of showing extra love to us as we get a small percentage of the cut 🙂
- There are some nominations that will count towards a “combo word” or “phrases” which we will take on a case by case basis (ie some swear words can encompass a subset of nominations but not others. This will make sense during the actual episode).
- To expand on the point above, some swear words have a “root” word that can be used across several different swears. If there is a word that has the same root word but is essentially it’s own thing, that would count as it’s own nomination.
- We aren’t looking for derogatory words or slurs because no.
- Not all swear words have to be taboo words. They just need to be a word or phrase that you would say to release tension or frustration. (ie if you stub your toe and you say boogers, then technically that’s a swear).
*Spoilers* Below is our Top 5 list from this episode as well as our own personal unordered lists.
Group Top 5
4. The Middle Finger
- Jesus Christ
- Bloody Hell
- “Assholian Bitch”
- Kelly Clarkson
- Douche nozzle
- Shit (or Shiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeet)
- Esti d’câlisse de
- tabarnak de criss
- Cheese and Rice
- Son of a bitch
- Oh Gee
- The Middle Finger
- Bleep Sound
(The rest of the noms Jess had basically got disqualified because they weren’t actually swear WORDS but here they are)
- The pinky swear
- The New Swears (local Ottawa punk band)
- Bodliean Library Solemnly Swearing (oath of office, presidential oath, magicians oath, etc)