The PodCavern and Guelph Comedy Festival are teaming up to bring in the spooks!
In this very special collaboration episode, we have partnered with some very funny local talent from the Guelph Comedy Festival to bring the TERROR (and hilarity) in one of our Halloween specials of Ranked this year! The pandemic has shutdown the world of comedy for too long and it’s our goal, together, to announce this very important message – that comedy is back baby! So join Tuong and GCF’s Hayley Kellett (The Making Box), Ben Gorodetsky, and Spencer Dunn (Castle Rockettes)as they discuss (in HORROR) Top 5 Spooky Characters You’d Want to Party with on Halloween!
Check out all the shows, workshops, and MORE happening THIS WEEKEND (October 22-24th) over at -> http://guelphcomedyfestival.com/
- Spooky characters can be fulled from anywhere: movies, tv, books, folktales, etc.
- Nominations can be spooky adjacent to a degree
- If a nomination makes more sense to nominate as a group rather than an individual then the group is allowed. (ie nominating the zombies from “x movie” rather than just one zombie OR a Trio of witches rather than just one witch from a movie)
- It’s a No Kill Zone party. These spooky characters, regardless of how violent they are, cannot kill other guests at this party. However, whatever they do after the party is their own business.
- Technically all the guests we nominate get to come to this party but our Top 5 are the individuals/groups we cannot do without. They are the VIP. They get to stay the latest at this party. There is no party without them.
*Spoilers* Below is our Top 5 list from this episode as well as our own personal unordered lists.
Group Top 5
5. The Sanderson Sisters (Hocus Pocus)
3. The Devil (all incarnations)
2. Dr. Frank N. Furter (The Rocky Horror Picture Show)
1.The Addams Family
- Elvira: Mistress of the Dark
- The Sanderson Sisters (Hocus Pocus)
- Backstreet Boys from the “Everybody” music video
- Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
- Edward Scissor Hands
- Ghost Face (Scream)
- Headless Horseman (Sleepy Hollow)
- The Joker
- Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street)
- Hannibal Lecter (Hannibal, specifically Anthony Hopkins but he’s still strapped up)
- Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)
- Swamp Thing
- Boo (Super Mario)
- Gengar (Pokemon)
- Cousin Itt (Addams Family)
- Eye of Sauron
- The Addams Family
- The Devil
- Sexy Rave Vampires from Blade
- Ash (Evil Dead)
- Mick and Pnub from Idle Hands
- Snoopy (It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown)
- The Mystery Team (Scooby Doo)
- The Spellman Sisters
- The Fae (All of them)
- Dr. Frank N. Furter (The Rocky Horror Picture Show)
- Baba Yaga
- Smooshi the Walrus (from Marineland…also fuck Marineland)
- An unkindness of Ravens
- Carrie (from Carrie)
- The Monster Mash Guys
- Vincent Price in Thriller
- Ursula Sea Witch
- Wicked Witch of the West
- The High Witch from the Witches